A deadly siege by suspected militants in Nairobi has ended after all the attackers were “eliminated”, Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta has said.
Gunmen attacked a compound in the Westlands district of Kenya’s capital on Tuesday, killing at least 14 people.
The Somalia-based militant group al-Shabab said it was behind the attack.
Two people believed to be linked to Tuesday’s siege on the complex, which houses the luxury DusitD2 hotel, have been arrested, officials said.
It is not clear how many attackers there were, but Kenyan police chief Joseph Boinnet told AFP news agency that “five terrorists” had been involved.
Confirming an end to the security operation at Dusit during a televised address, Mr Kenyatta said that 14 people had been killed and many more were injured, but that 700 others were safely evacuated.
He added that “every person that was involved in the funding, planning and execution of this heinous act” would be “relentlessly” pursued.